PaperBack online book maker
UPDATED on October 17, 2017 - After a hiatus of nearly a decade, this tool works again. Note the new URL. Thanks to Eckhart Köppen for the cDCL, aka "the DCL that actually compiles!"
This page lets you upload a text file or supply a HTTP URL to a text file and have it converted to a PaperBack-format
book package for the Newton.
Possible future features:
- The maximum file size (either for an uploaded file or a file retrieved from a URL) is 2MB
- To avoid any potential copyright issues, any files uploaded WILL NOT be stored on this system. The tool will allow
you to download the resulting package exactly once.
- Converting HTML to plaintext on the fly (likely)
- Text field to paste text into (likely)
- Automatic extracting of gzip/zip archives (semi-likely)
- Anything else? e-mail victor at chuma.org
Powered by the compact DCL:
This page brought to you by Victor Rehorst.